Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eventful.

I had a full week of events to keep me in the social game and my mind off work. Tuesday was a singles get together to watch a hockey game at the Irish Embassy. Of note there were only 2 guys (me inclusive) out of a group of 6 in a typically male oriented event. To my further surprise I found this event more fruitful at connecting with a few female faces.

In contrast to Tuesday, Thursday took me back to the House of Jazz. Met 1 or 2 ineresting faces but was a little dissapointed with the ambiance and the live band. Don't think I'll be heading back there any time in the near future.

One other event of note was an event organized on facebook. The crowd was mainly French but were very friendly. As for the place the Boule Noire has got to be the swankiest pool bar I have seen in town. It definitely earned a reference and revisit sometime soon.

I as well saw more movies with the movie meetup group. Not much to write about other than Frost/Nixon was a well acted movie.

More to come in the weeks to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment